Friday, November 11, 2016

An Awesome Quilt, Podcast and a Winner!

Read on to learn more about this quilt top that I made from fabric I bought at Quilt Market.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe was the speaker at my quilt guild this week. She was inspiring and entertaining and very warm and genuine. Her quilts are an amalgamation of traditional and modern, altered in only a way that Victoria can. I highly recommend that if you have the opportunity to hear her, do it.

I am finally returning to normal after my trip to Houston. There's lots of packing going on, printing of patterns that we ran out of and now I'm learning about bar codes. It's good to keep learning new things, but it's also exhausting, when all I want to do is sew in my studio.

I have been playing with a stack of fat quarters that I bought at Sample Spree. It's called Tabby Road, designed by Tula Pink and sold by Free Spirit.

I am far from a cat lover, but this fabric is just so interesting and I love the colors.

Cat's eyes
Cat food cans

And Very cool cats both striped and polka dotted.

This is the Curvalicious 4 patch I made using Tabby Road. I just love it. It measures 36" x 36". There's going to be a bunch of solids to go along with the prints. I can't wait to get my hands on some. I know just what I am going to make with it.

This week I was also a guest on American Patchwork and Quilting Podcast with Pat Sloan along with 3 other amazing women. We talk about perfection, Curvalicious and silk. Pat has done a bunch of very interesting Podcasts that I find very interesting. Click on this LINK to listen to mine.

I've also chosen the winner for my Market giveaway. Jaymi Horne, get ready for a bit of sunshine and fun in your mailbox. Email me with your address and I'll ship these goodies out.

 

Happy Quilting and click HERE to sign up for my monthly newsletter.

 

Happy Quilting!

 

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed Victoria's presentation. Calico Cutters has a fantastic Program Chair!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.