Sunday, February 12, 2017

I Hit The Jackpot!

I was so happy when I was chosen to be an Island Batik Ambassador. I wasn't exactly sure what that meant, but I knew I would get some Island Batik fabric to make a few projects. But I had no idea what that really meant. Leave it to me to jump in with both feet!


Our packages do not come directly to our place. Instead they are delivered to our management company. The fellow that brought it over for me wanted to know what was in the package because it was so heavy!

Words cannot express how I felt when I opened the box and started going thought it. I was flabbergasted. This was the most exciting package I have ever received. It was filled with batiks in every color and every size.

I have to say these 10" squares are my favorites. The fabric line is called Sweet Nectar and they are definitely sweet. It's going to be hard to open this amazing arrangement and actually cut it up.

And thread! I had no idea that Aurifil thread was part of the deal. And a few spools of Superior's Fantastico too. The Fantastico is a variegated 40 wt polyester. I can't wait to try it for blanket stitching my Curvalicious appliqués.

There is even fabric I can't show you because it won't be available in shops until the Fall! But let me tell you that if you know anyone that likes to cook, you'll want some. This fabric is perfect for my DIL who loves to be in the kitchen and even has chickens that lay eggs.

As an IsLand Batik Ambassador, we have a monthly list of projects to make and share. So you'll be seeing what I do with all these batiks along with a bunch of other Ambassadors. Here's a peak at my first "assignement" with these gorgeous batiks.

This whole experience reminds me of the saying "Will work for fabric". Obviously, I will.

Stay tuned for this exciting experience.

 

5 comments:

  1. Very exciting! Congratulations on becoming an Ambassador. Can't wait to see what you create with all those beautiful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Cheryl. Look forward to seeing you work your magic on those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun box of quilty goodness! How does one go about becoming an ambassador?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now isn't that the truth- Will work for fabric, Love!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.